The following are questions you should ask during the interview:
1 Why is the job open?
2. Who held the position before and what happened?
3. What capabilities would the ideal candidate for this position possess? (Be sure to describe your strengths in the capabilities they seek during the course of the interview)
4. What are the current problems and future anticipated ones?
5. What are the company’s long term objectives?
6. What are the biggest negatives about this position?
7. What are the main problem areas that need attention?
8. Where would I fit in the organizational structure/chart of the company?
9. What are the capabilities of the team I will be working with?
And towards the end of the interview…
10. What are the next steps in the hiring process for this position?